Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bad Day

Not a whole lot to say today...it wasn't one of the best.

The day started with a phone call from my dad that my mom was at the hospital after falling on a sidewalk outside of the grocery store. She banged her head and has a horrible black eye and several bruises and cuts. She spent the morning in the ER. While waiting on a status fall from my dad after they did her CT scan, my friend Teresa called. I haven't really heard from her since the Summer so i knew something must be wrong. I answered and she said my name real quietly, and I knew. Her brother Sam passed away. He was 25 years old and beautiful. I've known him since he was 11, hell I got him drunk for the first time. It's been a rough year for him, he was diagnosed schizophrenic earlier this year and they were never able to get his meds worked out. Teresa will be flying in from LA tonight or tomorrow and there will be some sort of service on Saturday. i'm numb.

The only good part of the day was dinner at my dads. For the first time in probably 10 years that i can remember, he was sober. He was fun and nice. I can't remember the last time he was like that.

Rest in Peace Sam - I loved you!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Liss! (((((HUGS)))))